Re: add varakappa to to tex--prettify-symbol-list

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: add varakappa to to tex--prettify-symbol-list
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2021 20:43:04 +0200

Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es> writes:

Hi Uwe,

> I would like to add varrkappa to the tex--prettify-symbol-list
>
> Some years ago, Tassilo provided me a function, I attach.
>
> I just added
>             ("\\varkappa" . ?\u03F0)
>
> to his function and it works nicely.
> But suggest to have it also included in the official repository. I
> searched the repository but cannot find anything.

I guess you mean `tex--prettify-symbols-alist'.  That and the attached
function `TeX--prettify-symbols-compose-p' are both part of the standard
emacs tex-mode.el, i.e., they are not part of AUCTeX but usable with
AUCTeX.

> Any idea what to do?

Drop the function definition from your ~/.emacs since its part of
tex-mode.el since 2015 and keep using the rest.

Bye,
Tassilo