Re: add varakappa to to tex--prettify-symbol-list

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: Re: add varakappa to to tex--prettify-symbol-list
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2021 22:36:26 +0200

>>> "TH" == Tassilo Horn <tsdh@gnu.org> writes:

Hi Tassilo

> Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es> writes:
> Hi Uwe,

>> I would like to add varrkappa to the tex--prettify-symbol-list
>>
>> Some years ago, Tassilo provided me a function, I attach.
>>
>> I just added
>> ("\\varkappa" . ?\u03F0)
>>
>> to his function and it works nicely.
>> But suggest to have it also included in the official repository. I
>> searched the repository but cannot find anything.

> I guess you mean `tex--prettify-symbols-alist'.

Right!

> That and the attached function `TeX--prettify-symbols-compose-p' are
> both part of the standard emacs tex-mode.el, i.e., they are not part
> of AUCTeX but usable with AUCTeX.

Ah, I completely forgot about tex-mode.el. Wasn't there a discussion
that AucTex should replace tex-mode.el?

In any case wouldn't it be good to enhance the list of prettifying
symbols even in tex-mode.el? I mention that, since you have write access
to the GNU emacs repository, no?

Well I could send a «patch» also.

Uwe