Re: indentation problem II

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: Re: indentation problem II
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2022 13:13:18 +0200

>>> "IK" == Ikumi Keita <ikumi@ikumi.que.jp> writes:

> Hi Arash,
>> Hitting 'M-RET' in a pmatrix inserts only the line break \\ and not any
>> ampersands.  I don't use these environments so I have no experience
>> about what is convenient, but what do think about this change?  Is it an
>> improvement?

> Hmm, it would basically be useful, but I think automatic insertion of
> ampersands at the first line should be suppressed because matrix-like
> environments are used when writing column-vector like
> \begin{pmatrix}
>   1 \\
>   2 \\
>   3
> \end{pmatrix}
> , without "&".

Right, the problem is, you can also have matrix like structures and
pmatrix does not take arguments, while array does.

So there is no way of knowing whether a matrix or a single column vector
will be generated.

Best course would be

    1. You insert the first row which might be
       1 & 4 &

    2. And then M-ret, based on an analysis of that line inserts the
       needed number of &,

But that sounds quite complicated.

Uwe