Re: indentation problem II

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: Re: indentation problem II
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2022 17:41:40 +0200

Hi

I tested your code, nice, some observations
\documentclass[12pt]{article}
\usepackage{amssymb,amsfonts,amsmath,amsthm}
\begin{document}

Test
starting equation
\begin{equation}
  \label{eq:testams:1}
  \begin{pmatrix}
    1 & 8
         ^cursor is there M-RET
  \end{pmatrix}
\end{equation}

Gives this
\begin{equation}
  \label{eq:testams:1}
  \begin{pmatrix}
    1 & 8 \\
    &
  \end{pmatrix}
\end{equation}

Could the & be aligned?

Now
\begin{equation}
  \label{eq:testams:1}
  \begin{pmatrix}
    1 & 8\\
           ^cursor is there M-RE
  \end{pmatrix}
\end{equation}

space
\begin{equation}
  \label{eq:testams:1}
  \begin{pmatrix}
    1 & 8 \\ \\
    &
  \end{pmatrix}
\end{equation}

This is of course not good. Not sure what to say.

BTW the mini buffer comment space, might be a bit confusing because if you use
the space key you obtain [ ]

Which is clearly not what you want 😉

\end{document}

But anyhow it is quite useful thanks

--
I strongly condemn Putin's war of aggression against the Ukraine.
I support the ban of Russia from SWIFT.