Re: auctex version 11.84 (for Xemacs21.4) don't ask for master

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: auctex version 11.84 (for Xemacs21.4) don't ask for master
Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2022 16:33:47 +0200

Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es> writes:

>> Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es> writes:
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> A colleague of mine still sticks with xemacs21.4 and auctex 11.84.
>>>

>>> Now she is annoyed that every time she opens/creates a new latex file
>>> she is asked Master file (default this file)
>>>
>>> I have set
>>>
>>> (setq TeX-master nil)
>>> (setq-default TeX-master nil)
>>>
>>> But it does not help.
>>>
>>> How can a disable this question?
>
>> From the documentation of TeX-master:
>

>>     If this variable is nil, AUCTeX will query you for the name.
> Thanks, but also sorry,
>
> I set it to t and it did not work, the reason was that I changed the
> configuration files for GNU emacs, not for Xemacs, since I myself
> switched to GNU emacs in 2015 and forget Xemacs almost.

M-x customize-variable RET TeX-master RET

should know which configuration file to change for the currently running
Emacs.  It's possible to have hand-configuration that will still stomp
over Customize, but restarting Emacs/XEmacs should be all it takes to
verify whether customization has worked.

--
David Kastrup