Showing compilation progress indicator

From: Al Haji-Ali
Subject: Showing compilation progress indicator
Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2022 12:07:58 +0100

Hello,

I wrote this short script
https://github.com/haji-ali/procress
to show the progress of compilation in a tex document. Currently, AUCTeX shows
the currently processed page in the modeline of the process output buffer, but
I personally rarely open that buffer.

In my current implementation, the modeline is changed only in the buffer that
initiated the tex command. Ideally, I would like the modeline of all buffers
belonging to a master document to change though I am still considering the best
way to implement this.

The current implementation uses a series of hacky advices but I am wondering if
there's interest in implementing something similar straight into AUCTeX.

Best regards,
--
Al