Re: No syntax coloring in emacs-29.0.50

From: Colin Baxter
Subject: Re: No syntax coloring in emacs-29.0.50
Date: Mon, 01 Aug 2022 17:29:05 +0100

    > --=-=-= Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding:
    > quoted-printable

    >> The solution is to delete all the .elc files in the auctex
    >> repository.

    > I am confused,=20

    >     1. Did you install auctex from the git repository or via the
    > package s= ystem?

I use the auctex git repository -- I never ever use "packages". The "make"
command in the git directory byte-compiles the files. I add the git
directory to the load path and call auctex with the lines

(setq load-path (cons "/path/to/git/auctex" load-path))
(load "/path/to/git/auctex/auctex.el" nil t t)

The setup has served me well over the years.

The problem may (or may not!) be related to recent issues with org-mode
and the latest emacs. There again, the solution is to delete the .elc
files. There is more about the latter on emacs-dev.

Best wishes,

Colin Baxter.