Re: No syntax coloring in emacs-29.0.50

From: Arash Esbati
Subject: Re: No syntax coloring in emacs-29.0.50
Date: Tue, 09 Aug 2022 19:11:47 +0200

Colin Baxter <m43cap@yandex.com> writes:

> I use the auctex git repository -- I never ever use "packages". The "make"
> command in the git directory byte-compiles the files. I add the git
> directory to the load path and call auctex with the lines
>
> (setq load-path (cons "/path/to/git/auctex" load-path))
> (load "/path/to/git/auctex/auctex.el" nil t t)

Indeed, there is no need to install AUCTeX, you can use it out a local
git repo.  There is a section in the manual describing[1] this setup where
you even don't need to add the repo directory to `load-path'.

> There again, the solution is to delete the .elc files.

You can achieve that by running "make clean".

Best, Arash

Footnotes:
[1]
https://www.gnu.org/software/auctex/manual/auctex.html#Using-AUCTeX-from-local-Git-repo