Re: ExecuteMetaData with [ ] instead of { }

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: Re: ExecuteMetaData with [ ] instead of { }
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2022 09:06:56 +0200

>>> "AE" == Arash Esbati <arash@gnu.org> writes:

> Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es> writes:
>> I came up with a simple solution that I attach. I could combine it to a
>> simple support style file for catchbetweentags, but maybe the code is
>> too primitive for auctex?
>>
>> I ask this before sending a patch.

> Thanks.  I don't think the code is too primitive, I think it is more
> use-case specific.  I would appreciate if you would send a patch for
> catchbetweentags.el covering the functionality provided by the LaTeX
> package, but anything else should be part of private code, like in your
> case.

Sure I can do that, but the second part of your last sentence confuses
me. Catchbetweentags needs two things

    1. \ExecuteMetaData[filename]{tag} in the target flie

    2. A «environment» style in the source file
       %<*tag>
        text
       %</tag>

In 2 an automatic labeled tag is extremely useful and convenient.
Are you saying that part should not be in the style file, because I am
using (require 'cl-lib) ?

Please explain.

Regards

Uwe

--
I strongly condemn Putin's war of aggression against the Ukraine.
I support the ban of Russia from SWIFT.