Re: AUCTeX and in-buffer completion

From: Arash Esbati
Subject: Re: AUCTeX and in-buffer completion
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2022 16:14:31 +0200

Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es> writes:

>> You must have parsing enabled (which I think you have).  Try C-c C-n
>> followed by C-M-i?  What do you see?
>
> I did this, no change.

Strange, because C-M-i should show you the standard Emacs *Completions*
buffer.  Check again the value of `completion-at-point-functions' in the
buffer with your .tex file.

> Ah, ok I use, pabbrev which is great for typing since it scans the
> actual buffer and suggests word, I disable it when I am typing latex
> commands because it might be confusing.
>
> Now that I think about it I disabled other completion since the came
> into conflict with pabbrev.
>
> Remind me please how shall I turn company on?

Just install it from (M)ELPA and in the buffer with your .tex file, say

  M-x company-mode RET

Then you should be set for testing.  You can force completion with

  M-x company-complete RET

Otherwise it kicks in after you've typed 3 chars (I think).

Best, Arash