Re: Environment optional argument defect

From: Arash Esbati
Subject: Re: Environment optional argument defect
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2022 12:26:13 +0100

Hi Keita,

Ikumi Keita <ikumi@ikumi.que.jp> writes:

> My concern is more on the phrase "in favor of a more flexible solution" 😉
> In my opinion, the current facility provided by
> `TeX-insert-macro-default-style' is still kind of awkward and I hope
> smarter solution.

Smarter solution is always a good thing :-)  Can you please elaborate a
little what's awkward and you don't like?  Until now, I understood that
the different keybindings are not good.

>> Would it make sense to say:
>
>>   • C-u C-c C-e modifies the document
>>   • C-u C-u C-c C-e toggles the arguments query
>
>> ?
>
> Yes, it's another feasible treatment. However, a more uniform usage of
> C-u is desirable. (C-u C-c C-m uses C-u once, while C-u C-u C-c C-e
> does twice.)

We could also add 'C-u C-u C-c C-m' to do the same thing as 'C-u C-c
C-m' ;-)  I don't have a strong opinion on 'C-u C-c C-m' since I've
never used this feature a lot.  'C-u C-c C-e' is much more in my muscle
memory.

Best, Arash