Re: Environment optional argument defect

From: Arash Esbati
Subject: Re: Environment optional argument defect
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2022 10:53:51 +0100

Hi Keita,

Ikumi Keita <ikumi@ikumi.que.jp> writes:

> That is actually one of posssible arroaches. In that sense, we can even
> say that `TeX-insert-macro-default-style' is unnecessary. :-) That is,
> `TeX-insert-macro' can always skip optional argument queries.

But this was not what I meant :-)  I was talking about: I missed an
argument by accident as I hit RET too eagerly, now how can I fix it?

> How can we activate input support for environment optional arguments
> if the user customizes `TeX-insert-macro-default-style' to
> `mandatory-args-only'?

I see 2 possibilities:

  • Move the queries more into the style hooks and push them through
    `TeX-parse-arguments'
  • If one function asks for more arguments, use
    `LaTeX-check-insert-macro-default-style' which is more tedious

As an example, try this small file and do 'C-c C-e align* RET' after
changing the value of `TeX-insert-macro-default-style':

\documentclass{article}

\usepackage[overload]{empheq}

\begin{document}

\begin{verbatim}
(setq TeX-insert-macro-default-style 'show-optional-args)
(setq TeX-insert-macro-default-style 'mandatory-args-only)
\end{verbatim}

\end{document}

%%% Local Variables:
%%% mode: latex