Re: insert environment + automatic label (reftex) seems not to work corr

From: Ikumi Keita
Subject: Re: insert environment + automatic label (reftex) seems not to work correctly anymore
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2023 15:30:42 +0900

Hi Uwe,

> However to my surprised, when I tried it out on a vanilla (no amsthm loaded)

> I obtained
> \begin{lem}[this]
>   \label{lem:new:1}

> \end{lem}
> \begin{thm}[this]
>   \label{thr:new:1}

> \end{thm}
> \begin{exmp}[this]
>   \label{sec:3}

> \end{exmp}

> So exmp did not get any label and thm got thr instead of thm

The label format is governed by RefTeX settings when you enable RefTeX.
Thus it isn't enough just to provide

>   (LaTeX-add-environments
>    '("thm" LaTeX-thm-insert)
>    '("exmp" LaTeX-example-insert)
>    '("lem" LaTeX-lem-insert)

, which is separated from RefTeX.

> However to my surprised, when I tried it out on a vanilla (no amsthm loaded)
                                                    ^^^^^^^

Does this "vanilla" means that RefTeX, in addition to amsthm, isn't
enabled? If so, it's likely that your RefTeX setting isn't reflected in
the buffer.

> I am very confused, was there a syntax change recently I am not aware of?

I think there was no such change in AUCTeX side. (I'm not sure about the
RefTeX side; maybe there was in emacs-29 branch or master branch, if you
are using either.)

Regards,
Ikumi Keita
#StandWithUkraine #StopWarInUkraine