Re: insert environment + automatic label (reftex) seems not to work corr

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: Re: insert environment + automatic label (reftex) seems not to work correctly anymore
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2023 19:57:48 +0100

>>> "IK" == Ikumi Keita <ikumi@ikumi.que.jp> writes:

Hi Keita

> Hi Uwe,

> The label format is governed by RefTeX settings when you enable RefTeX.
> Thus it isn't enough just to provide

>> (LaTeX-add-environments
>> '("thm" LaTeX-thm-insert)
>> '("exmp" LaTeX-example-insert)
>> '("lem" LaTeX-lem-insert)

> , which is separated from RefTeX.

Right, I have configured reftex, here is the relevant port

  (setq reftex-label-alist
'(("exmp" ?E "ex:%f:" "~\\ref{%s}" t   ("Example" "Ejemplo" "ejemplo"))))

>> However to my surprised, when I tried it out on a vanilla (no amsthm loaded)
>                                                     ^^^^^^^

> Does this "vanilla" means that RefTeX, in addition to amsthm, isn't
> enabled? If so, it's likely that your RefTeX setting isn't reflected in
> the buffer.

No, I have always reftex enabled sorry for the confusion, vanilla meant
no amsthm loaded.

>> I am very confused, was there a syntax change recently I am not aware of?

> I think there was no such change in AUCTeX side. (I'm not sure about the
> RefTeX side; maybe there was in emacs-29 branch or master branch, if you
> are using either.)

Thanks, I will continue to observe this behavior it seems only to happen
in the beamer class for article it is fine. That alone is odd.

Regards

Uwe

--
Warning: Content may be disturbing to some audiences
I strongly condemn Putin's war of aggression against the Ukraine.