autoconf-archive-maintainers

Re: Bug: AX_AM_JOBSERVER doesn't work without config.h or equivalent

From: Peter Simons
Subject: Re: Bug: AX_AM_JOBSERVER doesn't work without config.h or equivalent
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2012 13:28:37 +0200

Hi address@hidden,

 > I wasn't able to find a bug tracker or an official bug reporting address to
 > which I could submit this; the Savannah site only has a "patch" tracker, and
 > unfortunately I don't have a patch. I do have a workaround.

the Autoconf Archive distributes macros that have been written by over 200
different individuals. We -- the maintainers -- make sure that this
distribution is somewhat consistent, usable, and updated regularly, we cannot
maintain each and everyone of those macros, simply because we don't have the
necessary domain knowledge.

The author of AX_AM_JOBSERVER is Michael Paul Bailey <address@hidden>, and I
have forwarded your e-mail to him, hoping that he knows best how to address the
concerns you have raised.

I hope this helps,
Peter