[Autoconf] Autoupdate is broken.

From: Pavel Roskin
Subject: [Autoconf] Autoupdate is broken.
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2000 00:07:53 -0400 (EDT)

Hello!

Autoupdate doesn't work properly for me. For example, AC_CANONICAL_SYSTEM
is replaced with a long definition instead of just AC_CANONICAL_TARGET as
it's supposed to be.

CVS Autoconf, RedHat Linux/i386 6.2, m4-1.4, bash 1.14.7.

If I run "autoupdate --debug" then I find that au.m4 is filled with quite
long definitions. I believe that autoupdate expects much shorter (i.e.
unexpanded) definitions to be there.

My understanding is that 'autoconf --trace' now performs more expansions
than it used to. Try running this:

$ autoconf --trace AU_DEFUN:'$2' -i /dev/null

The contents of the temporary directory together with the old and new
configure.in is here:

http://www.red-bean.com/~proski/autopsy/

Regards,
Pavel Roskin