Bug: explicitly setting CC made defunct

From: Morten Eriksen
Subject: Bug: explicitly setting CC made defunct
Date: 17 Oct 2000 16:30:15 +0200

Hi,

a bug has been introduced by one of the commits from the last day or
so. Upon this configure.in file

  AC_INIT(configure.in)
  AC_PROG_CC

autoconf (fresh from the head CVS) generates a configure script which
produces this output when run as "./configure CC=foobar"

  checking for gcc... no
  checking for cc... no
  checking for cc... no
  checking for cl... cl
  checking whether we are using the GNU C compiler... no
  checking whether cl accepts -g... no
  checking for object suffix... obj
  checking for executable suffix... .exe

As you can see, the CC-variable is not heeded. Ouch.

Regards,
Morten