Re: Bug: explicitly setting CC made defunct

From: Morten Eriksen
Subject: Re: Bug: explicitly setting CC made defunct
Date: 17 Oct 2000 18:26:01 +0200

Akim Demaille <address@hidden> writes:

> | 2000-10-17  Morten Eriksen <address@hidden>
> |
> |         * acgeneral.m4 (AC_CHECK_TOOL[S]?): As AC_CHECK_PROG[S]? first
> |         tests the value of the VARIABLE argument when looking for
> |         executables in the PATH, we need to set it to the correct
> |         value from AC_CHECK_TOOL[S]? when not just passing on the
> |         incoming VARIABLE directly.
>
> I like your patch better than mine.  I'm installing it (my distcheck
> is still running so my previous patch is not applied yet).

It looks like you caught some cases which I missed, but your fixes
looks flawed in several ways. I'll think about this some more and
perhaps submit further patches.

Anyway, feel free to go ahead and apply my first patch. I can't see
that it could possibly introduce any new bugs and I've tested that it
actually fixes what it is supposed to fix.

Morten