Re: FreeBSD and QNX - first results

From: Akim Demaille
Subject: Re: FreeBSD and QNX - first results
Date: 24 Oct 2000 10:22:50 +0200

| Hello!
| One thing was broken recently:
|
| /bin/sh -n autoconf
|
| doesn't work on FreeBSD and QNX if autoconf is not in the current
| directory.

No kidding!?!  That's only with `-n' or any `sh autoconf' will fail?

| This patch should probably be reverted, at least partially:

I'm taking care of this, thanks!

| Also FreeBSD comes with its own sed that doesn't work with autoupdate. I
| think we should change autoupdate to use perl instead of relying on GNU
| sed. By the way, that "\b" seems to be undocumented - "info sed" for
| sed-3.02 says nothing about it.

Anyway GNU Sed documentation doesn't document its regex.  But since
it's atop regex, and won't use rx in the future, that's a safe
assumption.

Still, I agree rewriting autoupdate in some other language would be
fine.  I'd suggest waiting for 2.51.

| The testsuite is supposed to ignore the failures caused by a non-GNU sed
| but it probably doesn't (I haven't investigated it yet).

It does ignore them.

| On the positive side, I could configure CVS Autoconf on QNX 6.0 without
| any problems. All the makefiles are created. I haven't tried older
| versions of QNX - there is enough work with 6.0.

Good to know, thanks Pavel!