Re: 01-ac-lang-compiler-require.patch (Was: CC/CPP/TRY_LINK)

From: Pavel Roskin
Subject: Re: 01-ac-lang-compiler-require.patch (Was: CC/CPP/TRY_LINK)
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2000 11:54:51 -0500 (EST)

Hello, Ralf!

> checking how to run the C preprocessor... cc -E
> checking for sh-rtems-gcc... sh-rtems-gcc

It's a separate problem that needs to be addressed before 2.50.
AC_PROG_CPP should require AC_PROG_CC.

Maybe we should go as far as to make both AC_PROG_CPP and AC_PROG_CC
obsolete in favor of

AC_LANG(C)

By the way, shouldn't we change the syntax of AC_LANG to

AC_LANG(C, COMPILERS, ACTION-IF-FOUND, ACTION-IF-NOT-FOUND)

and go ahead if no C compiler has been found but ACTION-IF-NOT-FOUND is
given?

I really hate all those "exit 77" in the autoconf code - it's an attempt
to accomodate the testsuite at the expence of the users.

Regards,
Pavel Roskin