Re: Where did the Cygwin and Mingw checks go?

From: Earnie Boyd
Subject: Re: Where did the Cygwin and Mingw checks go?
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2000 10:54:16 -0800 (PST)

--- Mo DeJong <address@hidden> wrote:

> Why would this depend on uname? I was under the impression that
> autoconf would just try to compile conftest.c and then find
> the obj extension by looking for files named conftest.*,
> filtering out conftest.c and then using whatever was left
> (either conftest.o or conftest.obj). That might have changed,
> but it seems to be the way I remember it.

It has been discussed as a possibility to use uname instead of the compile and
link method.  If uname doesn't exist you just specify the parts that would have
been guessed or a generic uname script supplied by autoconf figures it out.  I
don't know if the discussion has become code yet.

Cheers,

=====
Earnie Boyd
mailto:address@hidden