Re: Where did the Cygwin and Mingw checks go?

From: Morten Eriksen
Subject: Re: Where did the Cygwin and Mingw checks go?
Date: 22 Nov 2000 23:38:14 +0100

Paul Berrevoets <address@hidden> writes:

> [...] for AC_EXEEXT please take into consideration that on UWIN
> (which uses a cc wrapper for MSVC), the compiler also generates a
> .pdb file, which if you don't filter it out along with .obj, would
> be used as the extension for executables.

I've had a patch in the pipeline for AC_EXEEXT for quite some time
now, which would not fall into the trap you decribe. See below.

There was a lot of discussion and many rewrites, but I don't think I
ever got a definitive "no" on the (so far) final version below. I even
think I got at least one "yes" from one of the maintainers, so I
really don't know why it wasn't applied.

Regards,
Morten