RE: changequote

From: Bernard Dautrevaux
Subject: RE: changequote
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2000 15:46:34 +0100

I don't know if this is related, but with a CVS autoconf I've installed
about two months ago, I keep running into the same kind of problem; simply
suppressing the "dnl" at the end of a macro call (be it an AC_XXX one or
simply a changequote) seems to cure the problem.

I don't understand why but for example a lot of 'configure.in's contains
constructs like:

    AC_ARG_WITH(mmalloc,
    [  --with-mmalloc          Use memory mapped malloc package],
    [case "${withval}" in
      yes)  want_mmalloc=true ;;
      no)   want_mmalloc=false;;
      *)    AC_MSG_ERROR(bad value ${withval} for GDB with-mmalloc option)
;;
    esac],[want_mmalloc=false])dnl

With the final "dnl" I get the same "unexpected EOF" error; deleting the
"dnl" (which should only add an unneeded blank line in the configure script:
no big deal) everything works well...

I don't know if that still true with current CVS autoconf as I've not
upgraded fro a while (and was now used to deleting all "dnl"s at end of
line) but this may be connected to your problem.

HTH

        Bernard

Bernard Dautrevaux
Microprocess Ingenierie