Re: autoconf auxdir

From: Lars J. Aas
Subject: Re: autoconf auxdir
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2001 15:06:43 +0200

On Fri, Apr 06, 2001 at 02:45:02PM +0200, Akim Demaille wrote:
:
: | 1) I've become quite a fan of using the AC_CONFIG_AUX_DIR macro, and I
: |    wouldn't mind if one was set up in Autoconf too.  Are there good reasons
: |    for not setting one up?
:
: The only real question is the name of that directory.  I vote for config/.

I like that too, but I'm a sucker for three-letter dirs (doc, src, lib, ...)
so I use "cfg" for my own projects.

: So I'd like, in the future, to have something more uniform, and then,
: maybe we will want to AU it.  Hence, I'd like to delay.

You're the boss :)

  Lars J