Re: config.status --version

From: Lars J. Aas
Subject: Re: config.status --version
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2001 19:39:22 +0200

On Mon, Apr 09, 2001 at 07:23:03PM +0200, Tim Van Holder wrote:
: >   $ ./config.status --version
: >   GNU Autoconf config.status 2.49e
: >   generated automatically by GNU Autoconf configure 2.49e
: >   which was generated by GNU Autoconf 2.49e
: >   and invoked on nfs.trh.sim.no with the command line
: >     $ ../autoconf/configure
: Having the verbose name of configure seems redundant; I can't think
: of any real-world situation where, say, "binutils config.status" is
: created by "gcc configure".

They will always be the same.

: GNU Autoconf config.status 2.49e
: generated automatically by configure,
: which was generated by GNU Autoconf 2.49e

Another option is to combine the "generated automatically" line with the
command line recital.

  GNU Autoconf config.status 2.49e
  generated automatically with [as a side-effect of running]
    $ac_hostname\$ ../autoconf/configure
  configure was generated by GNU Autoconf 2.49e

: Alternatively, if the GCS allow for extra info after the copyright
: stuff[...]

I don't see any mention of it.  I got he July 25, 2000 edition of the
standards - they could be updated since then.

  Lars J