Re: config.status --version and regression testing

From: Paul Eggert
Subject: Re: config.status --version and regression testing
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 10:25:32 -0700 (PDT)

> From: "Tim Van Holder" <address@hidden>
> Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 19:17:17 +0200
>
> > Anyways, I've tried a slightly changed format:
> >
> >   $ ./config.status --version
> >   GNU Autoconf config.status 2.49e
> >   configured by ../autoconf/configure, generated by GNU Autoconf 2.49e,
> >     for host "nfs.trh.sim.no", with options ""
> >
> >   Copyright 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001
> >   Free Software Foundation, Inc.
> >   This configure script is free software; the Free Software Foundation
> >   gives unlimited permission to copy, distribute and modify it.
> >
> > How does that look?
> >
> Looks pretty good to me.

Can you please omit the 'for host "nfs.trh.sim.no"' part of that
output line, or at least provide a way to do so?  It makes regression
testing difficult.

For regression testing purposes, if I build on two different hosts that
have the same build environment, I should get the same results.
Putting host names into the built program makes it harder to do proper
regression testing.