Re: Perl vs Scheme vs ML vs ... for autoconf

From: Akim Demaille
Subject: Re: Perl vs Scheme vs ML vs ... for autoconf
Date: 10 Apr 2001 19:03:14 +0200

>>>>> "Paul" == Paul Eggert <address@hidden> writes:

Paul> Scheme by far is the best choice for this kind of application,
Paul> because it's best at programs that generate other programs.  The
Paul> other languages mentioned are not even close.

I might be wrong, but I think there is some confusion here: I never
considered moving from M4.  All I'm looking for is a decent language
for the driver, i.e., rewrite autoconf.sh into something better than
sh.