Release 2.51 now?

From: Akim Demaille
Subject: Release 2.51 now?
Date: 12 Jul 2001 14:59:59 +0200

Sorry I couldn't pay more attention to Autoconf lately.  It won't
improve in a short term, IMO.  Therefore, given that there are already
significant improvements compared to 2.50, I wish we release 2.51 now.
Sorry Tim, I don't have time to evaluate your proposal now :( I'm
sympathetic to your problems, but DOS will never be big enough in
Autoconf's mission to justify additional delays.

If someone thinks there are reasons not release 2.51, please speak up!

I'll let you know when 2.50c is ready.

        Akim