updating configure.in to work with Ac 2.5x

From: Stephan Beal
Subject: updating configure.in to work with Ac 2.5x
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 12:39:09 +0200

Greetings, autoconfers,

I maintain a project which has, so far, used autoconf 2.1x. I user
recentlyreported that with 2.52 he gets the following errors:

configure.in:245: error: m4_popdef: undefined macro:
AC_Dest
acgeneral.m4:3399: AC_CONFIG_FILES is expanded from...
configure.in:245: the top level

the fact is, however, that configure.in, line 245 is the end of the script,
and has nothing there.

Are there documents explaining what needs to be done to make older
configure.ins work with AC 2.5x? I've checked out the manual on the GNU site
and it's dated 1998 and covers 2.13, so little luck there. I would be
especially interested in docs which explain how I can make my configure.in
portable across 2.5x and 2.1x. Or are the two incompatible?

Thanks very much in advance,

----- stephan
Generic Universal Computer Guy
address@hidden - http://www.einsurance.de
Office: +49 (89)  552 92 862
Handy:  +49 (179) 211 97 67
"Perhaps, as has often been said, the trouble with people is not so
much with their ignorance as it is with their knowing so many things
that are not so....." - William A. White