Re: c99

From: vishnu
Subject: Re: c99
Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2001 10:22:31 -0700

On Sat, Oct 13, 2001 at 06:46:35PM +0200, Guido Draheim wrote:
> address@hidden wrote:
> > i'm using:
> >
> >   for (gint xx=0; xx < 3; xx++) { .. }
> >
> > and i generally mix variable declarations and statements as i
> > please instead of putting all the declarations near the open brace.
> >
> > In terms of an autoconf probe, what do you suggest?
>
> ouch, that's a autoconf-test that has not been written so far, even
> more for this special case there were two interpretations (with xx
> being seen as ifdeclared outside of for() or the symbols is only valid
> within the for()) - of course it could be easily written (and would
> go the macro-archive then) - somebody around here who has an example
> ready?

The following test seems to work.  It might be nice to guess the
-std=gnu99 option if CC = gcc.  Can you help me improve the style?
Thanks ..

AC_MSG_CHECKING([whether $CC accepts C99 declarations])
AC_TRY_COMPILE([],[
  int x=0; x+=1; int y=0;
  for (int z=0; z < 2; z++);
],[
  AC_MSG_RESULT(yes)
],
[
  AC_MSG_ERROR([
*** This package requires a C99 compiler.])
])

--
Victory to the Divine Mother!!
  http://sahajayoga.org