Re: c99

From: Guido Draheim
Subject: Re: c99
Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2001 21:44:46 +0200

address@hidden wrote:

> On Sat, Oct 13, 2001 at 09:07:54PM +0200, Guido Draheim wrote:
> > > No, that's silly.  i'm not going to litter my code with #ifdefs
> > > for old compilers.  More realistically, i just want configure to
> > > suggest upgrading gcc if the installed gcc doesn't support C99.
> > > Something like that.
> >
> > however you will notice that many many compilers out there do not
> > support your style - at least not now.
>
> Of course but i can't go back.  The ability to declare variables
> anywhere is fantastic.  i'm not even tempted to use C++ anymore.  :-)

if only I had enough time to work and extend the substruct-c into a true
patch on top of gcc - making C a thing being still C and having only
the good features of C++ - but there is no time...
                                        http://guidod.4t.com/substruct-c
cheers,
-- guido                            Edel sei der Mensch, hilfreich und gut
GCS/E/S/P C++$++++ ULHS L++w- N++@ d(+-) s+a- r+@>+++ y++ 5++X- (geekcode)