Re: A beta? 2.52e?

From: Paul Eggert
Subject: Re: A beta? 2.52e?
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2001 12:34:35 -0700 (PDT)

> From: Akim Demaille <address@hidden>
> Date: 19 Oct 2001 18:50:14 +0200
>
> How about going for a release?  Is there any *new* problem since 2.52?

I suspect there will be some problems due to all the changes/bugfixes
introduced since 2.52.  I'm worried about the LINENO / exec-bash
stuff, for example.

> Is there anything we should put into CVS before moving to a beta,
> then, hopefully, a release?

If possible, I'd like to get AC_FUNC_STRERROR_R under control.  I'm
currently evaluating a bug report for tar 1.13.25 which shows that
AC_FUNC_STRERROR_R doesn't work in HP-UX 10.20.  However, tar.13.25 is
using an AC_FUNC_STRERROR_R that differs from autoconf's (because I
stole it from Jim Meyering) and I'm trying to investigate both this
discrepancy and the HP-UX problem.  I'll try to get that done today.

If you generate a new version in the 2.52x line, could you please call
it 2.52f instead of 2.52e?  A version calling itself "2.52e" has
already escaped (due to my overenthusiasm :-).