Re: Auto update of config.[guess|sub]

From: Akim Demaille
Subject: Re: Auto update of config.[guess|sub]
Date: 19 Jan 2002 15:47:10 +0100

>>>>> "John" == John Poltorak <address@hidden> writes:

John> If it is specified and it contains config.sub, would that
John> version be used in preference to the one in the current
John> directory (ie part of the original archive) ?

unfortunately no.  But I have added --timstamp in config.sub and
config.guess precisely to make this possible.  Now this feature is
spread enough so that we can rely it (but of course, one must make
provision for the converse).  Patches against autoreconf would be
gladdy accepted.  There are three sources for these files: the current
copies, that installed by automake --install, and those from
libtoolize.  The job is to compare them (which requires always saving
he most recent one, starting with saving the current one before
launching automake -i and libtoolize -i).