Re: AC_LANG and _AC_LANG_ABBREV

From: Travis Shirk
Subject: Re: AC_LANG and _AC_LANG_ABBREV
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2002 14:48:02 -0700 (MST)

On 19 Jan 2002, Akim Demaille wrote:

> Travis> Hello, I've run into a problem while porting my autoconf
> Travis> scripts from 2.13 to 2.52.  I used the following m4 code in
> Travis> one of my scripts:
>
> Travis> ifelse(AC_LANG,C,AC_REQUIRE([AC_PROG_CC]))
>
> This is doomed to failure.  AC_PROG_CC and the other compiler looking
> macros are severely hacked, do not play with them at all.
>
> What is the problem you are trying to address this way?

Actually, the call looks more like this:

ifelse(AC_LANG,C,AC_REQUIRE([MY_PROG_CC]))

MY_PROG_CC is a wrapper around AC_PROG_CC (the former calls
the latter after doing a bunch of other stuff).  Where I use
this is in another home grown macro which runs the compiler,
but I want make sure that my custom C compiler macro is
invoked before hand.

Travis