Re: macro archive re-launch

From: Peter Simons
Subject: Re: macro archive re-launch
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 09:11:45 +0100

Bruce Korb writes:

 > The main issue I see with autoconf macros is that they appear
 > jumbled, which intimidates, and there are nasty little twists that
 > catch the unwary. [...] Adding to that with SGML/DTD overhead adds
 > just that much more clutter. Keep It Simple!

I hope you don't misunderstood me: The users of the macro archive
wouldn't have to deal with that stuff: they just submit a macro
marked-up in some format, which is almost identical to HTML and which
99% of them know anyway. The only one having to worry about DTDs is
_me_, because I have to convert the files to the various forms of
output.

        -peter