Re: AC_DIVERSION_INIT and autoconf 2.52

From: Thomas E. Dickey
Subject: Re: AC_DIVERSION_INIT and autoconf 2.52
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 09:02:57 -0500 (EST)

On 23 Jan 2002, Akim Demaille wrote:

> Stefan> It appears some macros have just gone, without any notice on
> Stefan> how to adapt the code. I happen to rely on AC_DIVERSION_INIT
> Stefan> etc. to place some stuff correctly within the output stream.
>
> Sorry, but that was internals, and it will remain internal.  Specify
> your needs, then we will design a new macro if needed.

what you mean is that you (collectively) decided to change the design
(another person could in turn make autoconf 3.x incompatible with 2.5x w/o
much trouble by discarding all symbols that are not listed in the info
files).

"internals" should be used in its correct sense: describing things that
a user cannot see, rather than your intentional misuse of it to describe
details of implementation.

--
T.E.Dickey <address@hidden>
http://invisible-island.net