Re: Two problems for autoconf(1.NEC SX 2.Cray)

From: Akim Demaille
Subject: Re: Two problems for autoconf(1.NEC SX 2.Cray)
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 11:12:42 +0100

>> Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 21:07:10 +1100 (EST) From: Jeroen van den
>> Muyzenberg <address@hidden>

>> dealing with > > "brain-damaged" compilers. Why stop now?
>> >
>> > Because the code is working now.  In the case of the other
>> compilers I > mentioned, the resulting code didn't work.
>>
>> Well, some of us are willing to put in the effort.

Paul> That's fine, and you can certainly talk us into further
Paul> improvements here, but we need something that continues to work
Paul> with those brain-damaged compilers (as well as with the Cray
Paul> compiler, which is merely irritating).  Simply checking the
Paul> compiler's exit status isn't enough, unfortunately.

Also, please include exact reference to the version of Autoconf you
are running, as things have changed in this area.