Re: how to prefix definitions in config.h

From: Akim Demaille
Subject: Re: how to prefix definitions in config.h
Date: 18 Mar 2002 10:18:25 +0100

>>>>> "Paul" == Paul Eggert <address@hidden> writes:

Paul> Sorry, I don't understand the question.  I went back and read
Paul> the thread, and I still don't understand the question.

Sorry for being confuse.

Paul> I did understand Russ Allbery's point.  He wrote that if you
Paul> need a config.h variant, then it should be easy enough to create
Paul> the variant with a makefile rule that looks something like this:

Paul> my_config.h: config.h sed 's/#define /#define MY_/; s/#undef
Paul> /#undef MY_/' <config.h >$@

Paul> and once you do that, you don't nee Autoconf to generate
Paul> my_config.h.

I agree your solution is the most appropriate for their issue, but the
general question I was trying to address was that of hooking commands
to AC_CONFIG_FILES, AC_CONFIG_HEADERS.  Some people want some commands
to be ran when the header is created.  I was merely looking for the
syntax to code into Autoconf.

But I'm now tempted to drop this, until someone comes with an actual
need.