Re: how to prefix definitions in config.h

From: Paul Eggert
Subject: Re: how to prefix definitions in config.h
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 14:52:53 -0800 (PST)

> Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 10:40:44 +0100
> From: Guido Draheim <address@hidden>

> If you have a proposal how to express that in automake-terms, don't
> hide it...

Sorry, I don't understand the overall problem well enough to draft a
solution.  The only part of the problem that I understand has a simple
solution that doesn't require any changes to Autoconf or Automake.

You should be able to solve all or most of the problem by writing
Autoconf macros suitable for installation into Automake.  If there's
any part of the problem that you can't solve that way, then it might
be useful to change Autoconf to support this new Automake feature.

In other words I'd like a clear statement of the problem, and a draft
Automake and Autoconf patch that shows why the current Autoconf can't
solve the problem.