Re: user _m4_divert_diversion error

From: Paul Eggert
Subject: Re: user _m4_divert_diversion error
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2002 23:07:29 -0800 (PST)

> From: Shaun Jackman <address@hidden>
> Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2002 23:06:18 -0800

> My understanding of the auto* tools was that the user didn't need to
> have them installed, and thus they shouldn't run during a normal
> ./configure && make build process.

That's correct.

>  The source tarball is built by a 'make dist' using a Makefile
> generate by automake.

It should work.  To debug this, I would first look at the file time
stamps in the tarball.  "ls -lt `find . -type f -print`" should output
the files in the proper order.

You might also try reproducing the problem yourself with "tar xf tarball;
configure; make".

If you cannot reproduce the problem yourself then you might need to
investigate the possibility that your user didn't preserve the time
stamps on the files.