Re: Autoconf speedup

From: Russ Allbery
Subject: Re: Autoconf speedup
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 15:52:04 -0700

Russ Allbery <address@hidden> writes:

> You can't use automake, of course, but this is one of the major reasons
> why I don't much like automake.

I should clarify this.  You can't use automake if you want to still have a
makefile per directory (at least as far as I know), because I don't
believe automake supports the concept of an included master makefile.  You
can use automake if you're willing to do all the builds from the top of
the tree, which some would argue is actually a better approach anyway, but
you need a current version of automake to do it.

--
Russ Allbery (address@hidden)             <http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/>