Autom4te.cache

From: Bill Wendling
Subject: Autom4te.cache
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2002 14:05:27 -0500

Hi all,

So, I generated a configure file, kept the autom4te.cache directory
around, made a minor change to the configure.in file and this is the
resulting times I got:

[dangermouse hdf5_current] time autoconf
configure.in:233: warning: AC_CONFIG_SUBDIRS: you should use literals

real    0m30.977s
user    0m26.480s
sys     0m0.320s
[dangermouse hdf5_current] time autoconf
configure.in:233: warning: AC_CONFIG_SUBDIRS: you should use literals

real    0m31.118s
user    0m26.430s
sys     0m0.300s

So, why doesn't this give me a better time to autoconf the configure.in
if things are cached?