Re: Autom4te.cache

From: Alexandre Duret-Lutz
Subject: Re: Autom4te.cache
Date: 29 Jul 2002 22:30:36 +0200

>>> "Dan" == Dan Kegel <address@hidden> writes:

[...]

 Dan> I see the name of this cache is currently
 Dan> autom4te-2.53.cache
 Dan> In other words, its name contains the autoconf version number.

This is a bug in Autoconf 2.53.  It's using the same name under
which autom4te was installed (autom4te-2.53 in your case).  But this
should really be `autom4te.cache'.  You can ask the maintainer of
your prebuilt package to apply this patch:
  http://mail.gnu.org/pipermail/autoconf-patches/2002-June/008446.html
Other tools, like Automake, assume this directory is named `autom4te.cache'.

[...]

--
Alexandre Duret-Lutz