Re: defined(IRIX)

From: Peter Eisentraut
Subject: Re: defined(IRIX)
Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2002 22:00:35 +0200 (CEST)

Thomas Dickey writes:

> that's assuming the compiler is correct (which, in the case of gcc, has
> not always been true).

The compiler is correct by definition, because the compiler will compile
my code and that's the scenario I'm interested in.  If the compiler
generates broken or random code you shouldn't use it.

> But your perspective on the matter probably reflects the platforms where
> you've run gcc...

I didn't write this check, and it has been used on a lot more platforms
and compilers than you'd care to imagine.  But thanks for trying.

--
Peter Eisentraut   address@hidden