Old Autoconf release dates?

From: Brett Smith
Subject: Old Autoconf release dates?
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 19:20:05 -0500

Hi Autoconf maintainers,

I have a quick history question for you.

Someone claiming to review a patent application was interested in finding
the exact release date for Autoconf 2.8; the manual indicated it was
published January 1996, but she apparently needed something more precise.

I'm figuring, however, that if there's an interest in the documentation for
Autoconf 2.8, information about other, older releases of Autoconf might be
relevant as well.

I checked the Autoconf FTP directory, web site, and documentation, and
wasn't able to find a timeline of releases.  Do you have this information?
If so, and you could pass it on, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

--
-- Brett Smith