Re: Old Autoconf release dates?

From: Paul Eggert
Subject: Re: Old Autoconf release dates?
Date: 11 Feb 2003 09:57:30 -0800

Brett Smith <address@hidden> writes:

> I realize I'm effectively asking for 10-year-old geek folklore here, and I
> don't at all expect a complete answer.

Generally speaking, it's unwise to comment about prior art in a public
forum like this.  That is because the other side of the patent dispute
can see what we're saying.  Sometimes they can use this knowledge to
help strengthen their case.

It's unfortunate that the US patent system promotes secrecy, but
that's the way it is.