Re: [autoconf] rpl library to make use of autoconf tests.

From: Rüdiger Kuhlmann
Subject: Re: [autoconf] rpl library to make use of autoconf tests.
Date: Fri, 9 May 2003 17:34:15 +0200

>--[Mr E_T]--<address@hidden>
> On Wed, 7 May 2003, [iso-8859-1] Rüdiger Kuhlmann wrote:
                                    ^
Please fix your email program.

> > >--[Mr E_T]--<address@hidden>
> > > This is for functions such as snprintf strnlen malloc etc.
> > For snprintf() the best I found was http://www.ijs.si/software/snprintf/. I
> > also made a macro to check for it that's now in the ac macro archive. It has
> > the advantage that it doesn't have any licence requirement on the software
> > it is linked to. I wouldn't mind if that macro was in autoconf...

> I have already found it and written a series of macros for it and its variants
> look them over and let me know if i got it right. Use them or modify them as
> you
> wish.

Well, my test doesn't check for the other functions, but if snprintf() is
broken, the others will be as well. Though I should add a check whether
these functions at least exist. I'm not sure I like your test because it's
calling the compiler just too much. Did I miss something or what's
AN_FUNCTION() supposed to do?

> I also had to add -
> #if HAVE_CONFIG_H
> # include <config.h>
> #endif

Yes, and a #define for PREFER_PORTABLE_SNPRINTF. The author said a while ago
(half a year?) he'd fix the first in the next version due the next month,
but that hasn't happened yet.

Unfortunately, I realized that it doesn't support positional arguments
yet... and I might need that eventually. :-( I checked trio, but that's a
whole lot more than just an snprintf() replacement...

--
         100 DM =  51  € 13 ¢.
         100  € = 195 DM 58 pf.