Re: new vs old autoconf / Re: checking for non-standard headers

From: Thomas E. Dickey
Subject: Re: new vs old autoconf / Re: checking for non-standard headers
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 05:45:04 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 13 Aug 2003, Guido Draheim wrote:

> In fact, it does not quite matter since bringing the software to a new
> platform may in fact lead to yet another round of `portability fixes`,

actually the reports that I recall are for _old_ platforms, such as AIX
which were not retested before release.  That's 2.57.  An earlier release
did not work on Solaris, as you may recall.  Simply running the self-check
on one's personal computer doesn't really count for pre-release testing...

--
T.E.Dickey <address@hidden>
http://invisible-island.net