Re: managing subdirectories

From: Kai Ludwig
Subject: Re: managing subdirectories
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2003 09:55:24 +0200

> if test "x$gui" = xtrue; then
> AC_CONFIG_SUBDIRS(Utilities GUI)
> elif test "x$model" = xtrue; then
> AC_CONFIG_SUBDIRS(Model)
> else
> AC_CONFIG_SUBDIRS(Utilities GUI Model)
> fi
>
> might work? (notice the "elif")

I see - thanks a lot. However, the mistake is the multiple definition
of a directory name in AC_CONFIG_SUBDIRS. One has to avoid
such a construct independent of a correct "if .. else" statement.

I introduced some additional flags and that works fine:

if test $util_alone = true || $util_gui = true || $util_all; then
AC_CONFIG_SUBDIRS(Utilities)
fi
if test $gui = true; then
AC_CONFIG_SUBDIRS(GUI)
fi
if test $model = true; then
AC_CONFIG_SUBDIRS(Model)
fi

The flags are set correctly in the AC_ARG_ENABLE macros before.
e.g.

AC_ARG_ENABLE(gui,
[  --enable-gui    Compile GUI package],
[case "${enableval}" in
  yes) gui=true util_gui=true;;
  no)  gui=false util_gui=false;;
  *) AC_MSG_ERROR(bad value ${enableval} for --enable-gui) ;;
esac],[gui=false util_gui=false])

--
http://echempp.sourceforge.net

Kai Ludwig