Re: PACKAGE_NAME, PACKAGE_VERSION etc

From: Bruce Korb
Subject: Re: PACKAGE_NAME, PACKAGE_VERSION etc
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 08:36:00 -0800

Bob Friesenhahn wrote:

> On Wed, 18 Feb 2004, Daniel Reed wrote:
>
> > On 2004-02-18T00:31-0000, Balint Joo wrote:
> > ) /* Name of package */
> > ) #define PACKAGE "qdp"
> > ) The trouble is that when we configure two packages,
> > If at all possible, simply do not include both config.h files in your code.
> This is not very efficient and

Why not just incorporate some variation on the "prefix" macro
that modifies the names of all the #define-d macros?

   my-config.h : config.h
       sed 's/^#define /#define MY_/' config.h > $@

Install "my-config.h".  Simple.  Effective.  Auto-somethingorother
ought to be configurable to insert the prefix on its own, but this
isn't exactly rocket science, either.